Who doesn’t love a Travel Bucket list? I do that’s for sure.
Does your family have a case of wanderlust? Are you constantly adding new experiences and destinations to your already long bucket list? Below I have listed my family's bucket list just incase you need a little inspiration.
1. Drive the BIG SUR in a convertible with the roof down!. Start in San Fran to get the best out of the road trip and the endless views.
2. Take the train through the Canadian Rockies and be blown away by the breathtaking nature
3. Visit the Galapagos Islands and experience the vast wildlife and meet a Komodo Dragon!
4. Help out as a volunteer in a wildlife sanctuary in Africa combining compassion with your travel experiences
5. Travel around Brazil, visiting Rio (my son is called Rio) see the Iguazu Falls and go through the Amazon Rain forest.
6. Swim in the Great Barrier Reef with the best Go Pro to capture all the spellbinding marine life
7. Take a husky dog sleigh ride in Lapland and get the children to meet the real Father Christmas!
8. Learn to properly snowboard in Chamonix or Courchevel
9. Hot Air Ballooning in Cappadocia, Turkey, easily one of the world's most Instragrammable locations
10. Island hop around Hawaii and snorkel with giant turtles (this has been at the top of the kids wish list for years since we swam with turtles in Barbados)
11. Take a cruise through Europe on the new Celebrity Cruise Apex or Edge
12. Swim in the natural waterfall pools in Siquijor Island, Philippines
13. Stay in North Island, Seychelles which literally feels like paradise
14. Sail around Croatia visiting caves and hidden bays
15. Visit Cancun, Mexico to ride the most epic zip-line canopy tour
16. Stay at Four Seasons Bora Bora which takes sustainable luxury to a level very rarely achieved
17. Swim with humpback whales in Tonga
18. Sleep on the Belmond Orient Express while it winds its way through Peru to Machu Picchu
19. Indefinitely live on the island of Soneva Fushi
20. Take the kids to meet the gorillas in Rwanda – but this one will have to wait until they are 18!
21, Go back to the Golden Triangle so as the kids can walk with the rehabilitated elephants at the Anantara Golden Triangle
22, Experience a Safari in Botswana as we have visited other game reserves within Africa
23, Cycling through the dramatic mountain landscapes in the South Tyrolean Alps, The Dolomites or through Napa Valley.
24, Hang out with Richard Branson on Necker Island – always a glass in hand and great conversation
25, Enjoy the Four Seasons Private Jet experience - long shot but dream big right!!
26, A spiritual experience with the kids and without the kids I want to try mushrooms in a controlled environment like on the Netflix show Goop….. Im not crazy, dont knock it until youve tried it! Any one wanna join me??
If any of these experiences have trigged a little curiosity then do let me know as Unique Family Travels curates unique holidays working with luxury properties throughout the world!